I was preparing the presentation for the new comers in my company, and thought of doing some research on history of Scrum. I found some interesting information:
1. Scrum is a variation of Sashimi
2. Sashimi originated with the Japanese and their experience with the waterfall model
3. Scrum was named as a project management style in auto and consumer product manufacturing companies by Takeuchi and Nonaka in "The new new product development game" (Harvard Business Review, Jan-Feb 1986)
4. First Documented in 1993 by Jeff Sutherland, John Scumniotales and Jeff McKenna
5. 1995: Ken Schwabber Formalized the rules for Scrum.